Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Double Trouble in Batu Dam



Too fast, too curious, too many or too careless. Those are all the words that spinning inside my head when suddenly I am totally out of the official trail last Sunday ride with PCC. Where the hell am I riding through when suddenly the needle eye trail became the rocky blasted downhill. It is out of my imagination when suddenly after the uphill my bike came to the rocky section with steep downhill in front of me. No body behind me and I think they should came anyway. Too 'shiok' until I end-up to the road. Then only I realized that I have been out of the trail.



Where the hell am I missed the turn. Afraid that everybody is looking for me, I decided to push my bike uphill and started the trail hunting. After about 5-10 minutes I came across the T-Junctions and now it make me confused which turn should I go. (Even though there was a sign newly created which pointing to junction but then I’m still not sure which turn should I choose?). I take the left turn and went straight downhill until I met single rider who name I can’t recalled. After he said that he is going to joined the PCC group then only I feel relief from all those possibility that might happen to me. We take the T-junction again and heading straight to the river break while every rider are ready to make a move. I missed a turn that is my excused for came in late.



After 5 minutes break given to me, we started riding back towards trail that we have done the maintenance last week. It is a double ‘shiok’ one when the trail came into a downhill once again. A pay back time. Everyone seems excited about the downhill blast that they have gone through. Yong suggested we heading back to car park by using an alternative trail that he said would offer us more scenic view. After the junction discovered, we heading uphill and it is a great single track. A few branches seem blocking our trail but we managed to get through. But then after a few meter from the first blocking we encountered another blocking. This time it might require a lot of effort in order for us to get through.



Therefore we decided to head back and Yong quickly come out with a planning that we need another trail maintenance in the near future as we have missed this trail for a long time. “Turn back!” sound is all the way as we went down to the main trail. Not today, maybe next week or next month or next year whenever it is we will come back. It is a promised.



Finally the ride is a promising one. The outcome is great and guys please do join the PCC Trail Maintenance in the next episode because it might required a lot of crew in order for us to clear the blocking at the alternative trail. Thanks again to the single rider, for coming to the rescue and to all who kind and patient enough on waiting for me.

No comments: